The Australian Centre for Geomechanics is delighted to host the Second International Conference on Underground Mining Technology (UMT 2020) in Australia, 3–5 November 2020.
Due to the ongoing drive for safer and more productive and economical mines, there is a need for the practical application of existing technology and the continual development of new technology. In recent years, a vast amount of technology development has changed the landscape of mining geomechanics discipline. Photogrammetric methods and laser measurement technology allows geotechnical engineers to gather data not possible before, and the development in drone technology allows them to gather this data in areas previously not accessible.
Integrated underground communications systems allow for seamless real-time integration, and personnel tracking systems allow for better assessment and management of exposure to geotechnical hazards. Geotechnical engineers now have data at higher resolution with wider coverage not possible before. However, effective decisions can only be made if data is turned into information, and knowledge derived from it. This conference will provide a forum to present and discuss new technologies and explore practical ways of implementing and expanding these new technologies to maximise their value within the underground mining environment.
Click here to view the conference brochure.
- Geotechnical data
– Instrumentation and monitoring
– Data collection
– Data management and display
– Advances in laboratory testing and interpretation
- Geotechnical data interpretation and design
– Machine learning applications in geomechanics
– Numerical modelling and instrumentation integration
– Risk-based design and management
- Ground support and reinforcement
– Advances in ground support technology
– Advances in support design approaches
– Monitoring of ground support
- Geomechanical integration with mine planning and design
- Personnel tracking and exposure management
- Improvement of blasting performance
- Mine management
- The ACG Ground Support in underground mines book is available for purchase here.
- Abstracts due 15 June 2020. Submit here.
- Sponsorship and Exhibitor opportunities are available for this conference.Click here to download the sponsorship packages brochure.
- The papers from the First International Conference on Underground Mining Technology are available to download for free at the ACG Online Repository.